How can I plan releases more carefully running an application with multiple codebases?

Tim Northam May 17, 2016

I've set up new JIRA projects to run a multi team delivery across multiple countries. To facilitate easy EPIC planning, I have created an umbrella project to house the EPICS and the other stories from the other teams to sit under this project.

We are moving into Continuous Delivery mode so we intend to submit a new app every 2 weeks in after the completion of each sprint. To facilitate this, I have added the workflow to add an essential fix version to each closed story and bug.

I want to be able to use the release date for the EPICS so that product can submit an EPIC to the product funnel of the LEGO features. Is this possible to then use this for roadmap purposes? The current set up requires you to state a fix version in the future to use for the roadmap macro. How can you set a fix version when it is not fixed? Surely this is a forecasted date.

1 answer

0 votes
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2016

Hi Tim,

that is an interesting scenario that you are describing. Using the OOTB features in JIRA it will be quite difficult to do that, this was the main motivation behind creating Cycle Control - it allows you to define releases across different projects, teams or Epics. Take a look and if looks interesting we will be happy to give you a demo, please drop us an email at support@botronsoft.com.

Cheers,
Peter T

Suggest an answer