• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I perfom Full re-indexing even my node is on Load balencer?

My jira production node is recommended full reindexing after remove my node from the Load Balancer. We are using MS Assure load balancer and someone recommended me to delete that node configure line in the load balancer and then restart the LB.

I want to know is this the only way to perform the full reindexing or is there any other way to do this?

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Venkateshwarlu

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I believe the best way to perform a full re-index but making sure your users would not be affected by any downtime would be by performing the steps below:

1. Ensure the node has a 'back-door' connector in it. This is an alternate HTTP connector that is not connected to the load-balancer / proxy, as detailed inIntegrating JIRA with Apachein theConfigure Tomcatsection.
  2. Remove the node from the load-balancer configuration, so clients are still not being redirected to it.
  3. Access the node using the 'back-door' connector, and perform a 'lock JIRA and re-build index' as perSearch Indexing.
  4. When the index has complete, access the node and verify everything is OK.
  5. If so, add the node back to the load-balancer configuration.

Additionally, another alternative way would be to:

1. Connect to any node and run  'lock JIRA and re-build index' as per Search Indexing.
  2. Node health-check status will be changes to '{"state":"MAINTENANCE"}' and node will be removed from LB. 

You can check the documentation below for more details about the options provided:

Reindex Jira Data Center without downtime 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you