How can I pause a Service Desk SLA when an issue is assigned to a specific group of users?

jgm2003 January 3, 2017

How can I pause a Service Desk SLA when an issue is assigned to a specific group of users?  My support department is made up of employees and outside contractors.  I need an SLA metric that pauses counting when the issue is assigned to the employees, but counts when assigned to the contractors due to their contractual SLA agreements.  If I could trigger some type of Pause SLA command from an Assignee System Event; or be able to set Pause SLA conditions on JQL query and not just statuses.  thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 3, 2017

Joe,

You could do this by creating having two different 'in progress' workflow statuses, e.g. "IP-Internal" and "IP-External" or similar. The employee would need to transition to "IP-External" if they pass it off and vice-versa. This would have other potential reporting benefits as well.

There may be other ways but this may work for you.

Suggest an answer