How can I move issues from a Service Desk to a JIRA Software and keep SLA information?

Eduardo Llanos October 19, 2017

Anyone has an idea on how I can move issues from a Service Desk project to a Software Project and retain SLA information?

2 answers

0 votes
Eduardo Llanos October 19, 2017

We handle defect, improvement and service requests in our Service Desk and they are redirected to different teams.

Defects are moved to our Development Teams JIRA projects with backlog planning, epics and more,

Improvements are handled by our Product Teams and moved to our Business Backlog project that use JIRA Portfolio. I would have liked to measure the response time for responding to improvements.

Service Requests are handled directly in Service Desk and currently the only ones measuring SLA

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2017

Hi Eduardo.

This would be a bit hard, since a software project has no concept of SLA.

You might be able to do this with Scriptrunner for JIRA and some custom coding, but I'm not entirely sure. Why don't you make a workflow and a subset of issues that look pretty much like your Software Project in a ServiceDesk project? That would be easier.

Cheers

Dyelamos

Suggest an answer