How can I modify the reporter?

Juliette_Vincent April 3, 2016

I'm using JIRA version 3.13.4. (I know that this is a really old version of JIRA and that upgrading would be a good idea but unfortunately that option is not currently available to me.)

When I go to edit a JIRA, I cannot change the reporter... the field is missing. I have given myself the Modify Reporter permission in the permission scheme that is linked to this JIRA's project and this has not made a difference, which I guess means that there is something else that has influence over whether or not that field shows, but I cannot find what.

I also belong to a group called jira-administrators. I'm not if that is relevant.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated, and just so you know... I might not be able to respond because I think I'm on the lowest level of activity on this site. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2016

Check that the reporter field is on the "edit" screen

Juliette_Vincent April 3, 2016

That's the answer! I assumed the reporter field would be there automatically. It isn't. Thanks!

moos3 August 24, 2018

Where is this edit screen? I'm using Jira Cloud and I can't seem to get to the edit screen for a project.

Suggest an answer