How can I modify Jira Invitation message?

Imdad KP November 23, 2017

Hi Team,

I would like to modify Jira Invite mail. How can I do that?

I need to inform the user to add their email as their username instead of other variation of names.

Jira Invite Message

Can you help me?

Thanks,

Imdad KP

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marko Filipan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2017

Hi Imdad,

I'm afraid it's not possible at this time.

However, there is a suggestion ticket opened for this functionality: Customize Customer invitation e-mail and welcome email.

I encourage you to vote on the feature request ticket to increase its popularity and add yourself as a watcher to be kept informed of progress going forward.
For more details on how Atlassian handles and prioritizes new feature requests, please refer to the [Implementation of New Features Policy|https://confluence.atlassian.com/support/implementation-of-new-features-policy-201294576.html].

Cheers,

Marko Filipan

Imdad KP November 26, 2017

Thanks @Marko Filipan,

We are using data Center Jira on aws. Also we are looking for Jira software not for service desk.

Thanks,

Imdad KP

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eduard M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2017

Hello Imdad,

"Invite Users" is handled by a plugin, and therefore can't be customized the way "Create Users" can. Please take a look and try to edit the correct property in the following file (and then restarting JIRA):

<JIRA install>\atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\com\atlassian\jira\web\action\JiraWebActionSupport.properties

After editing this file, you will need to restart Jira for the changes to take effect.

Suggest an answer