How can I migrate projects with issues from one JIRA InCloud instance to another?

vgrizly April 14, 2015

Update:

The target instance does not have any projects and issues yet, it's absolutely clear.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2015

Hi Anatoliy,

If the destination instance doesn't have any data in it, you can perform a full export of the source Cloud instance and perform a full import into the destination instance. Please see Export Issues and Importing Issues for further details.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

vgrizly April 14, 2015

Both of your answers useful, guys, but I mark this as correct because it makes more sense with accordance to the update in my question.

1 vote
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2015

Hey Anatoliy,

To achieve this, you need to:

- Export an XML backup from both instances (source and destination);
- Install a new JIRA server using the latest version available;
- Import the XML backup from the destination instance into this new JIRA Server;
- Use the Project Import tool to import the projects and issues into this new instance;
- Create an XML backup from this server instance;
- Import the backup into the Cloud JIRA.

JIRA Cloud don't have the Project Import functionality, and that's why you need to follow those steps to achieve this.

Hope it helps! :)

Cheers
Andre

vgrizly April 14, 2015

Hmm. Why I need the JIRA Server? I forgot to mention, if it matters - the target instance is new and does not have any projects yet. May be I can just import XML backup from source to destination?

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
April 14, 2015

Hi Anatoliy,

I believe the following KB article will be helpful: How to Merge Two JIRA Cloud Instances.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

Suggest an answer