How can I mark users in Jira as VIP?

Kamrul Ahmed October 18, 2016

I've been looking at JIRA & we need to start marking who is a VIP in the company and setting a priority for them if they raise an issue? 

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2016

If I understand your requirements and if you are trying to do this for JSD then you could use Automation.

Custom Rule

When: Issue Created

If: Issue Matches, Reporter <list or group>

Then: Edit Issue, Priority

I would create a group (VIP) and add users to the group as it would be easier to report (dashboard/filter) on the VIP group.

If you wanted you could even create a unique priority intended for VIP only depending on your needs.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2016

The user accounts don't support that.

You could put a user property on the accounts, but it wouldn't be visible generally.  You might be better off putting them into a group though.

However you do it, you'll need to write code to pick up the indicator and set the higher priority.

Kamrul Ahmed October 18, 2016

Doy uo happen to know what that script would be? Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 18, 2016

You'll need to define what you want to do before you can write it.

Suggest an answer