How can I make sure that tasks selected by a filter are always listed sorted by the due date?

Torsten Brammer April 9, 2014

I can do that manually by clicking on the due date column header. But I want save this type of sorting of the filter.

2 answers

1 vote
Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2014

Add to your search query the following

ORDER BY duedate asc

and then save your filter. Your results will be listed with ascending duedate. More on issue searching here

Torsten Brammer April 9, 2014

how can I add this to a filter? I cannot see this feature (text option) neither in the filter nor in the dashboard. thanks for your help.

0 votes
Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2014

In order to have a search result in a gadget of your dashboard with ordered by due date you have to create a new filter and then add it in dashboard

The steps for having a saved searc with the issues ordered in ascending due date are the following:

1. Go to search window

2. Create your search

3. Click on Due Date so issues are listed with due date ascending

4. Save your filter with a name that you want

5. Add Filter results gadget in your dashboard

6. Add filter to your gadget

That way you will have the issues in your dashboard ordered by due date.

Regarding the

ORDER BY duedate asc

Is how you search in advanced mode. You will not need it right now. Follow the above steps and i think you will get the thing that you want.

Cheers

Suggest an answer