How can I make my Scrum Board visible to anonymous user?

Andreas Lagemann January 20, 2016

One of the main features that made JIRA interesting for me, is the claim that Scrum data can be easily made accessible to anyone outside the Scrum team ... I tried but I failed so far. I simply want to show the Scrum status in a Dashboard to anonymous users. I granted access to the Board for all as well as to the Filters and of course the dashboard. The result is, that the board can be accessed by anonymous users but not a single gadeget is shown. What do I need to do to make this work?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2016

If you are on JIRA 7, you will need JIRA Software licenses to view Scrum boards and the data associated with it. That is a change in licensing in the latest version!

Andreas Lagemann January 21, 2016

That's extremely disappointing to hear. That feature (sharing information with non members of the scrum team) was quite prominetly advertised and it was one of the main reasons I gave JIRA a try.This might be a big Showstopper for us. Management will not want to login every time to view status, they will be annoied, so bye bye tansparency of the deveopment porcess! It's a real shame that this feature got removed ... is ther some rational for this decision that you can share with me?

Suggest an answer