How can I make a field required only in one of projects?

Арман Курманай February 8, 2016

How can I make a field required only in one of projects? When I create a new scheme, it adds in all of projects, what I do wrong

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2016

You can create new screen scheme and assotiate it with only this project.

Арман Курманай February 8, 2016

Thank you for answer.

But I've been created new scheme and when I want to associate with my project, I can't see it in the list

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

Then you have not created the new scheme.

For screens, you need at least one "screen scheme" and then a new "issue type screen scheme"

However, for mandatory fields, you do not need to work with screens.  You need to work with "field configurations" and create a new "field configuration scheme"

Like Heather R likes this
Арман Курманай February 9, 2016

Good, thanks!

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2016

Your question is answered here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/213665

Арман Курманай February 9, 2016

Good thanks. And now I have the same problem in the "resolve issue" window. I can't make "time spent" field required... Have you any idea about it

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 9, 2016

Yes, for that, you need a "validator" that can check that someone added a work log in the screen.

From memory, you'll need an add-on to provide that, I think there's one in the JIRA Suite Utilities

Suggest an answer