How can I link an issue to my FishEye Git repository?

Franz Engel April 22, 2015

Hi,

We are very confused if we linked JIRA and FishEye correct. We see that our project is linked with an FishEye project. But we can not link the issues to that repository. In the Source-tap we have no option to choose the repository. Or is it the wrong location. Our problem is that we don't see the "Create new Branch" in the backlog.

Regards,

Franz

4 answers

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2015

Hi Franz,

Stash allows you to create and manage Git repositories, but it is hosted by yourself. Atlassian also offers a similar tool, called Bitbucket, which is hosted by Atlassian.

You may check further about them at:

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
Franz Engel April 23, 2015

Is Stash an alternativ to GitLab?

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2015

Hi Franz,

After JIRA and FishEye are linked (through the Application Link you created), regardless of having projects linked to each other, you need to perform what we call "Smart Commits" when performing commits in your repository. A Smart Commit is a way to link your commits to JIRA issues by putting the JIRA issue key in the commit message. By doing this, you will be able to see in each JIRA issue the commit that is linked to that issue.

Please read more about the Smart Commits at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Using+smart+commits. In this page you'll also find a link instructing you on how to Enable Smart Commits.

If you need to test your JIRA and FishEye integration you may refer to the Application Link Diagnostics Guide, which presents you with a plugin you can download both in JIRA and FishEye to test the Application Link.

Please allow me also to put an additional note here: based on the comment "we don't see the Create new Branch" it looks like you are expecting to be able to create a branch in a repository from JIRA when linked to FishEye. This is actually not possible, as FishEye doesn't write to your repository (it only reads from it). I believe you may be thinking about the ,JIRA integration with Stash, another Atlassian application, which manages Git repositories and then allows you to create branches from JIRA issues.

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
Franz Engel April 23, 2015

Maybe one more interessting detail. When I go to my Issue and look into the Source-tab I get the message "Keine verwandte Quelle gefunden.". I have no idea why the message is in German. But a rough translation could be "No related source found". But where can I link the fisheye repo to the issue? Is it a problem of permissions?

Suggest an answer