How can I limit the visibility of the project?

Denis Shestov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2017

Hi Guru! 

my task may be very simple, but I can not cope with it.

there are many projects. we want our external partners to work in the jira.
I must limit the visibility of projects from each other. and I understand that this should be done in the access scheme. BUT!

for the experiment - I removed ALL access rights from the schema. left only: browse projects. 

if in this resolution I put REPORTER or Current assignee OR any User custom field value  

this project begins to see ANY user who was able to enter the application! 

Yes, this user can not do anything in the project and can not see the tasks inside the project. But the name of the project itself is displayed in the list of projects!

Help pls! 

How to fix this problem? 

p.s. test user - new in system, it is not used anywhere. 

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Denis Shestov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2017
0 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2017

Anyone who has the permission to browse the project can see the project.

All the projects associated to the permission scheme will be visible to users with the browse project permission. (There can be multiple permission schemes)

What you are encountering is a bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-31720

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/granting-browse-project-permission-to-current-assignee-reporter-or-user-custom-field-value-allows-all-users-to-view-project-information-586056400.html

Denis Shestov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2017

"Anyone who has the permission to browse the project can see the project."

again: New User. in permission scheme: 1 value:

Browse Project: REPORTER or Current assignee 

how this user can see the project name if it is not REPORTER or Current assignee in this project??

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2017

Did you see the bug report ?

Denis Shestov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2017

Sure. I just told you that the behavior of the jir is not logical in this case. 

Denis Shestov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2017

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-customise-jira-core-so-reporters-only-see-issues-they-reported-779290924.html?_ga=2.266718094.182849728.1507541639-1657565687.1498118677 

it's work for REPORTER or Current assignee

but not work for User custom field value

you do not have a solution?

Thank you for reply

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2017

Do you have a user customfield created ? 

For the requirement, it has many solutions . 

Simple one : 

1. Create a group for external users if they are not defined yet eg: jira-external-users

2. Remove external users from 'jira-users' group

3. Give the application access to 'jira-external-users' , this can be done from the Application Access setting . (Press g+g then type application access)

4. Create new permission scheme . Ensure that Browse project access is given to 'jira-external-users' along with 'jira-users'

5. Associate this permission scheme to the projects which you want to show to the external users

Denis Shestov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2017

how to provide access to external customers - I know.

I have custom fields to add auditors to them.

and if I give permission for custom fields - the project is displayed again. 

and further. The project also becomes visible if you add a new permission: Current assigner

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2017

Strange , it seems the bug also affects user customfield .

BTW , are you sure you have checked the bug report I mentioned earlier ? https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-31720

Denis Shestov
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2017

Many thanks, Mizan for the feedback!

answer to my quetion: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-37117

so.. will wait ) 

Suggest an answer