my task may be very simple, but I can not cope with it.
there are many projects. we want our external partners to work in the jira.
I must limit the visibility of projects from each other. and I understand that this should be done in the access scheme. BUT!
for the experiment - I removed ALL access rights from the schema. left only: browse projects.
if in this resolution I put REPORTER or Current assignee OR any User custom field value
this project begins to see ANY user who was able to enter the application!
Yes, this user can not do anything in the project and can not see the tasks inside the project. But the name of the project itself is displayed in the list of projects!
How to fix this problem?
p.s. test user - new in system, it is not used anywhere.
Anyone who has the permission to browse the project can see the project.
All the projects associated to the permission scheme will be visible to users with the browse project permission. (There can be multiple permission schemes)
What you are encountering is a bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-31720
it's work for REPORTER or Current assignee
but not work for User custom field value
you do not have a solution?
Thank you for reply
Do you have a user customfield created ?
For the requirement, it has many solutions .
Simple one :
1. Create a group for external users if they are not defined yet eg: jira-external-users
2. Remove external users from 'jira-users' group
3. Give the application access to 'jira-external-users' , this can be done from the Application Access setting . (Press g+g then type application access)
4. Create new permission scheme . Ensure that Browse project access is given to 'jira-external-users' along with 'jira-users'
5. Associate this permission scheme to the projects which you want to show to the external users
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot