How can I let everyone see the system dashboard?

termanator1128 October 6, 2017

I want everyone logged in or not to see the System Dashboard so they can see the Introduction and be able to log-in or sign-up. As shown by a teams JIRA page attached.

When testing it says I need an account to access JIRA and then it says that account doesn't have access to the JIRA so I need to disable that.opencad jira homepage.png

1 answer

1 vote
Michael Brown [Ascend] October 8, 2017

By default, you should be able to see the Introduction gadget on the left side, and the login gadget on the right, as you are showing. 

Normally I would say as a best practice, you may not want everyone to view the System Dashboard. But, you can make it public. You can set your permission scheme permission "Browse Projects" to anyone, and this will allow the System Dashboard to be shown. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-system-dashboard-is-displayed-when-not-logged-in-691011818.html

Depending on the type of information stored in your JIRA instance, and who is accessing it, and how they are accessing it (i.e. behind a firewall or publicly) I would make sure only certain gadgets were applied to the System Dashboard prior to making this setting, and setting up individual project / team dashboards that have more details information. 

Suggest an answer