How can I let JIRA create subtasks when i create a issue.

lucasl August 31, 2017

a.JPG

I mean on this screen need to be able to cleate a Subtask.. is this possible?

4 answers

1 vote
Dave Bosman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

Hi Lucas,

Are the subtasks that you want to create always the same?

Do you use information from the parent issue? 

Can you give a little bit more info about what you are trying to do!

or try looking at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.codebarrel.addons.automation/server/overview this will probably solve your problem!

Regards,

Dave

lucasl August 31, 2017

Hi Dave,

thanks for the time. 

I mean if i wannt to create a subtask i need to go here and press the "+" bottom. I dont know if this is possible to create the subtask before i create the issue.

a.JPGThanks and Best Regards,

Lucas

lucasl August 31, 2017

i want to create the subtask at the same time when i create the issue.

Thanks,

Lucas

Dave Bosman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

Hi Lucas,

With the plugin from my link it should be possible to create it.

Basically you need to create a screen that asks for all information for the issue you are creating + all information for the sub task. 

With the plugin you could then create a rule that creates the new subtask automatically when the issue is created. in the rule you can define wich field should be filled with information from any other field from the parent.

The automation plugin is really easy to use! 

I'm i making any sense?

Regards

Dave 

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2017

Hi Lucas,

as @Sebastien Jacques wrote, it is not possible with plain Jira. But you can do it e.g. with the Jira Workflow Toolbox app. 

This one provides you with a workflow post function "Create issue and subtasks" which you can use in your "Create issue" transition.

0 votes
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2017

You will need a plugin to do that. Here is one :

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/auto-sub-tasks/cloud/overview

Art

0 votes
Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2017

@lucasl, this is not possible.

Dave Bosman
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 31, 2017

I have to disagree. 

We have a project in our local JIRA that creates multiple subtasks when an issue is created. 

And i know multiple ways of achieving that. (with extra plugins offcourse)

Suggest an answer