How can I know if a workflow is using a workflow-plugin?

BentS March 27, 2014

Hi

I have a custom made workflow in JIRA (v6.2). I would like to know by viewing/editing the workflow if the workflow is using any conditions, validators or post functinons provided by an specific wf-plugin (in this case the JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions). Without finding out the hard way, uninstall the plugin and see if the workflow breaks. Any suggestions?

Br

BentS

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2014

You can export the workflow in XML, and then look inside the XML for "com.innovalog.jmwe".

BentS March 31, 2014

Thanks for the tip, David :-)

I have a follow-up quetion, actually a new question. When I export the workflow as workflow (not xml) these messages are displayed:

The items from the following plugins were removed from the workflow:

- JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions

Transition: Reopen Issue

System post functions removed from this transition:

- Update Issue Field

Transition: Start Progress

- Update Issue Field

Transition: Stop Progress

- Update Issue Field

Transition: Approved by customer

System conditions removed from this transition:

- User Is In Project Role

Transition: Reopen Issue

- Update Issue Field

Transition: Request information

Plugin validators removed from this transition:

- Comment Required Validator (JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions)

What does this messages mean? Seams to me there is something wrong with the workflow and I can't export the workflow as it is? Any ideas?

Can the issues be related to JIRA Misc WF ext invalid/missing product/license for the plugin?

Br Bent

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2014
I am not sure, but I believe JIRA removes any reference to third-party plugins when exporting workflows, so that they can be shared on the MarketPlace (which is the primary goal of this export feature). David
BentS March 31, 2014

Thanks for your answers :-)

Suggest an answer