How can I keep my account when I lose my job?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

My Atlassian Community account is tied to my work address.  I would like to keep my account, but I've been laid off.  I want to keep my community account though.  (I just got to level 4) Is this possible?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2018

Bummer with your job!

But you should be able to change the email address in your Atlassian Account here: https://id.atlassian.com/manage/account-settings

Good luck!

-Stefan

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2018

Isn't this tied to my My Atlassian account, where I see all of my firm's licenses and invoices?

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2018

Hi Robert,

While your account is tied to multiple products, the best way forward in this case is to update your email address as Stefan mentioned. Your new email address will show up on any licenses you were added to previously, and the other technical/billing contacts on the licenses should remove your account from those licenses. Unless you have a Managed account (the "Email address and notifications" page will tell you if you do), there should be no issue in changing the email address currently on your account.

We are doing some investigation around Community accounts and situations like this, but changing your email on that page is the best thing to do currently.

Cheers,
Daniel

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 9, 2019

Hi @Daniel Eads ,

Are there any updates on this?

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2019

Well as an update from me,  I lost that job over a year ago, still have my account :)

Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 14, 2019

Thanks, Robert!

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2019

We've made some tweaks to Usernames, privacy, email changes, alter egos, and you describing how to change your Community account's associated email address. It's basically the same as above, just written more clearly:

I need to change my email address but don't want to lose my history!

You can update your email address on your Atlassian account.

1. Visit https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/profile-and-visibility

2. Update the E-mail address field  

3. Log out of Community

4. Log back in to Community

There's an additional section on the article now describing what to do if your current account is listed as Managed (meaning your work domain is subscribed to Atlassian Access).

Cheers,
Daniel

Like Capi [resolution] likes this
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
October 15, 2019

Thanks, Daniel!

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 17, 2019

@Daniel EadsI still have troubles which is why I am currently maintaining two accounts.  I tried changing my address, and guess what?  I still can't escape my old company - some of their info is still associated with my account.  So now I'm concerned that I can't be independent of them, and worse, I'd carry their info into my current position, and then what's to happen when I leave that place?

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2018

Hi,

Yes i think is possible you just have to edit your profil.

Regards

Victor Mutambuki
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2018

Robert,

Is your account managed in crowd?

Victor

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2018

Isn't this tied to my My Atlassian account, where I see all of my firm's licenses and invoices?

Suggest an answer