How can I integrate the bug tracking elements of 2 JIRA instances

Rob Bennett May 16, 2017

Hi. My company uses JIRA. We've started working with a partner on a specific project which also has a JIRA instance. I'd like to have a single view of the current defects in flight on the project. 

Is there a simple way that I can integrate defects from both instances into a single project running on one of the instances? I want to avoid re-keying and daily export / impor activities

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2017

Two options

1. Find or write something that can read a remote JIRA and display it in the current one.  This isn't too hard, as you can scrape a JIRA over REST and build something to display things.  Massive downside is that the data is still on the remote JIRA, your local one doesn't know it's JIRA data.

2. The proper solution - find or write something that can get the two systems to automatically update "mirrored" projects.  Both systems have their own local copy of the project(s), but updates flow across both systems (or one way, that's up to you).  This is not easy to write, but if you look in the marketplace, you'll find several add-ons to do it.  I've used iDalko's Exalate and K15t's Backbone in the past, although there are others.  (I'm still using Backbone too, for all sorts of reasons)

Rob Bennett May 16, 2017

Thanks Nic. I'll look into those.

Suggest an answer