How can I install old plugin versions, in order to create a "stage" environment?

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

I now have 3 instances of JIRA: Sandbox, Stage, and Prod

Sandbox is for testing the new features of new JIRA/GreenHopper/Confluence/Etc versions. It will be updated frequently.

Stage is intended to be used as an upgrade test environment. It should mirror Prod until right before I'm ready to upgrade Prod. I'll upgrade Stage first and make sure there are no problems with the upgrade process, before upgrading Prod.

My question is this: how can I install "old" plugin versions (the same versions I have in Prod) to the Stage instance? I took a full backup of Prod and uploaded it to Stage, but that didn't seem to bring across any of my plugins...I have to install them all manually on Stage, and I'll be installing newer versions that what I have in Prod...which defeats the purpose.

Sorry I'm longwinded. Anyone have any suggestions?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2013

Hi Justin,

Just copy the plugin jars from production to staging. You will find them in your JIRA HOME directory plugins folder.

Make sure you stop the staging server, copy the plugins and start it again.

Location of plugins jars: JIRA-HOME\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins

Suggest an answer