How can I inform all sub-task-assignees that a new sub-task has been created for them in ISSUE

Sven.H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2014

Hi everybody,

we have this situation.

Example:

We create an ISSUE.

We create Sub-Tasks in the ISSUE too.

The Sub-Task workflow dont t send a mail during create.
This is OK.

How can I inform all sub-task-assignees that a new sub-task has been created for them?

I would like to have this function as a button on the issue.

Thanks for help,
Sven

Hi everybody,

as I’m a beginner in learning English feel free to mark every sentence e.g. in red that you don’t understand. I will the try to express it in a better way.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2014

When you create an issue of any type in a project, Jira looks at the "notification scheme". In there, there should be an event "create issue". You should be able to just say "assignee" for that line, and Jira should send emails to the current assignee when an issue or a sub-task.

If you want to do this with button instead of the built-in notifications and the assignee, then you might want to have a look at the JETI plugin...

p.s. Your English is excellent, very clear.

Suggest an answer