How can I include the main Jira theme using a velocity template?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2012

I do have a plugin that is succesfully using velocity but I want to make it's interface a part of Jira user interface.

I know how to add menu items for the plugin pages but I don't know how to include the jira theme (top navigation, header, footer) from my VM template.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2012

The key is to use the appropriate decorator, which can be done by defining the meta tags in <head>.

Something like:

&lt;meta content="section_name" name="admin.active.section"&gt;

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

Maybe I wasn't clear, I have a velocity template that contains the full HTML body and I do want to write only the stuff I want to add inside the body. BTW, this plugin is not for admin section.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

I was just giving an example (admin section). But that is how you do it. You only need the actual content in the body but also need a head section with the appropriate meta tag. I think that will be lot better than including the header/footer etc by your self. Decorators will take care of that!

Suggest an answer