How can I include in the excel export file the date of open, closed?

Jürgen Dickmann June 26, 2017

In the Excel export file Excel (current fields) of all my Issues I need the date of when the issue is:

- open

- in progress

- resolved (this I have found in the Filter columns, but not the others)

- reopend

- closed

I didn't find it in the columns filter in the list view of the tickets

2 answers

0 votes
Jürgen Dickmann June 28, 2017

Hello Josh,

thank you for the answer. This are ts my first days with Jira. I'm not a SW-Developer.

I found in the online help how to create a custom field. Now I try it and hope that I can then export postfunction:

open, in progress, reopened, closed (if this are postfunctions  :-))

Regards

Jürgen

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2017

JIRA suite utilities allows you to copy system fields into custom fields. I create custom fields for milestone transition dates in all my workflows. Insert the post function AFTER the Update function to copy the Updated Date to the custom date field. If you don't put it after the update function you aren't sure what date you'll get. I create fields for transitions like passed testing, approved, reopened, return to development, and such. I also found it usefull to have a Y/N flag for issue reopened. I set the default to N and set it to Y in the post function for the reopen transition along with the date. 

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2017

If you want dates other than date created and date resolved, you have to create custom fields for those dates and use postfunctions in your workflow to set them automatically when the right transition is executed.

Suggest an answer