How can I impede the appearance of a issue in the state done in Parent Link drop-down?

Filipe Fernandes October 31, 2019

I'm using Jira and Portfolio and I usually assign a parent directly on Jira through Parent Link. The thing is that there are Parent Issues that I've put into a state similar to done that continue to appear on the dropdown that I use to select the Parent Link. How can I stop issues in state done appearing in the dropdown for Parent Link?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2019

Hello Filipe,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, it is not possible at this moment to hide done epics from the Epic Link drop-down in the child issues, however, we understand how this feature would be useful depending on how you are using JIRA.

That being said, we created a feature request to add this functionality to JIRA:

Possibility to hide done epics from epic link on issue screen 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Filipe Fernandes November 3, 2019

Hello @Petter Gonçalves. Is Epic Link the same as Parent Link? My issue is with Parent Link. I'm using Portfolio for Jira and I need to cascade my ticket hierarchy and if all Parent Tickets appear in the dropdown, I will not be able to use the hierarchy properly without removing the parent links from Jira. For me this impacts a lot the experience.

Filipe Fernandes November 8, 2019

@Petter Gonçalves, were you able to analyze my latest reply? 
Thanks.

Suggest an answer