It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I identified the elapse time an issue is being blocked

We are using the impediment to identify any blocked issue when we are waiting for another team to take action. 

Lately, I noticed the time for other team to respond to our request is increasing. I would like a way to measure the time an impediment is being set on a particular issue. Is there a way to do so?

Thanks

1 answer

What do you mean with a "blocked issue"? If you mean "time elapsed when an issue in a specific issue status" there are add-ons for this. Our "Custom Fields++" has "Time in Status" custom field and it can show how long an issue is in a selected status. You can also query "time in status" with JQL, such as "In Approve" > 2d etc.

No. For us, a blocked issue is when the flag Impediment is set. It is not a particular status.

You may use ScriptRunner but it is not very easy. Just to give an idea:

1. Add a hidden date/time custom field, like "Time of Impediment"
  2. Add a listener for "Issue Updated Event"
  3. In the event code, check whether "Impediment" flag is set. If it is set, set "Time of Impediment" field to current date time. If not, set "Time of Impediment" field to null.
  4. Use JQL to query "Time of Impediment", like "Time of Impediment" < 2d

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you