How can I hide the activity stream in the user profile to other users or generally

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2012

Today in our jira 4.4.3 system everyone can see the activity stream of a user in the user profile (including the work loged).This is not allowed in our company. Now I'm looking for a way to hide it (logged work or complet stream). Can somone help me?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2012

Hi,

I have asked the Jira Support the same question in August 2011. They said, that this is not possible. The only way to do something similar is to disable the whole activity stream plugin. This will disable the entire activity stream features in your Jira instance.

Best Regards

Thomas

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your fast response. The tip disabeling the plugin was the solution for me.

Best Regards

Uli

1 vote
Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2013

If you disable the plugin, what will happen when you upgrade Jira, it will be enabled back?

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2013

Hi Sorin,

unfortunately yes. After an update or upgrade you must disable the plugin again.

Best Regards,

Uli

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2013

Maybe I should just add a filter on nginx and stop it before reaching Jira. I wonder if the UI will cope with this.

Suggest an answer