How can I have same fields and screen schemes for one issue type for all the projects?

sachin reddy May 8, 2017

Hello Everyone,

I have three projects with issuetype defect, I would like to have a screen for this issue type with few required fields, and I would like to have same screen for all the projects with defect issue type. How can I achieve this.

I believe that this can be done using field configuration schemes, but can you guys please help me out  what is the best way to achieve this.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2017

It's a bit more complex than just "field configuration", as there's several bits to look at.

The most simple way to achieve what you want is to get your screens and fields right for the first project in your list.  Start with the "issue type screen scheme" for it, descending down into the screens and making sure you have the right fields on the right screens.  Then go back up to the project level and then down into the field configuration, where you can set the mandatory/optional flag.  Finally, check over the list of custom fields to ensure they are all valid for all of the projects and issue types.

Once it is all correct for one project, go to the other projects and change their schemes so that use the same schemes that work for the initial project.

Suggest an answer