How can I have more resolution status

Dan Dan July 20, 2016

I want to be able to close a JIRA ticket as will not do. I see there is a resolution for that but in the workflow it only shows "done", how can I add the resolution as a possible path from a status?

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2016

Please, do not use the phrase "resolution status" - it's nonsensical and confusing.

• Resolution is a field used to indicate why something has been resolved.
  • Status is an indicator of where an issue is in its workflow

Using them together begs the question "well, which one do you mean?".  They have no technical relationship, although for humans, we would expect issues that are in a status that means "we're done with this one", to have a resolution set to something.  (And you enable that in the workflow)

So, most of your question is easy - you want to set an issue's resolution to "will not do".  You can set that as long as your workflow allows for it - that means it either has to have a transition with a post-function which always sets it to "will not do", OR go through a transition that has a screen attached that offers you the "resolution" field so you can select the right value.

Suggest an answer