How can I group filter results

Brett Messimer April 17, 2014

I have JIRA issues with different statuses, such as open, closed, in progress, in development, in test, reopened.

I wrote a filter than finds all issues that do not have a status of reopened, as I want to display the information on open and closed issues in a pie chart gadget on a dashboard.

However, I want to display only closed and open (which woudl include statuses of open, in progress, in development, in test) in the pie chart. If I use status to group the items in the pie chart, I get seperate slices for all six status.

Is there a way (either in JQL or through the gadget) to group all the open-type statuses (open, in progress, in development, in test) together in one group called 'open' for use in the chart?

2 answers

0 votes
Brett Messimer April 17, 2014

I just tried it and while it is better, it's still not what I am looking for. I really just want to show open and closed.

Thanks for the help. Back to the old drawing board!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2014

Try grouping based on resolution. You will see separate slices for different resolutions (Fixed, Won't Fix etc) but you can see all open issues separately. Will that work?

Suggest an answer