How can I give regular users view access to a Jira Software project?

kristopherw July 7, 2017

We have a help desk portal which serves our whole company. Our IT organization and some key users are are the jira-users group. The rest are only in users.

People outside of jira-users are currently unable to view or comment on tickets in our Jira Software project, even though we've set that project to give that permission to any logged in user. How can I give them access to view or comment on these tickets?

Thanks!

Kris

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2017

You either have to give them the right to log in (which consumes a licence), or start making the project anonymously accessible (Which is a nightmare in terms of tracking, and generally should *never* be anything but read-only)

kristopherw July 7, 2017

We'd like it to be read only for anyone in the company, but definitely don't want to make it anonymously accessible.

The reason I asked this was because I noticed that adding users to it was consuming licenses.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2017

The licence consumption is because JIRA's licence really is counted by user.  These people will be using JIRA, so they need to be licenced.

If you don't want to consume licences, the only option is "anonymous".

Suggest an answer