How can I get time difference between Open status and manually added status in JIRA?

Trupti Gaikwad August 12, 2013

How can I get time difference between Open status and manually added status in JIRA?

9 answers

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2014

Hi Trupti,

With JIRA Enhancer Plugin (since version 4.3.6) you can define your own "Time Between" custom fields for two states (built-in or your defined ones) that you select. And you can filter issues by this custom field as well.

Please see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn9-RDrSkrwscreencast to see it in action.

Tuncay Senturk

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013
0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2013

It is well documented in http://www.jiraenhancerplugin.com Under Documentation link there is a "Customization and Configuration" section.

By the way, if you need any update on custom fields or any new feature, you may raise an issue by clicking the following link. I can improve the plugin by your demands.

https://bitbucket.org/tuncaysenturk/jira-enhancer-plugin/issues/new

Regards

Tuncay Senturk

Trupti Gaikwad August 27, 2013

Hey, Thanks

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2013

The screenshow didn't come through. I believe the copy function shows all the fields as source, but updated is the one you want and is there. What do you mean by status added manually? Once you deviate from the default workflow shipped with JIRA all the statuses would be added by the administrator, i.e. manually.

Trupti Gaikwad August 19, 2013

We have JIRA Enhancer Plugin and I want to add additional date and user custom fields according to custom states within our workflow, can you please help me with that? How to make configuration changes.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 13, 2013

I don't have access to a JIRA system right now. The jira suite utilities has a function to copy one field to another. create a date or date/time custom field. If you always want the difference between open and the current status you can keep using the same field. Otherwise you'll need to create a field for each status. then add a post function in the transtions that copies the contents of the Updated field to the custom field. When defining the post function it will by default appear at the top of the list. Use the move down link to move your copy function AFTER the Update function close to the end. We use this for milestone events like passed testing, reopened, and approved.

Trupti Gaikwad August 13, 2013

Please find below the screenshot. I created field with name "RBP". However, in Source field it will show system fields only. Right? What about the status added manually.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2013

I don't believe there is a plug in that will gather the history data. The best solution going forward is probably to save the transition date/time in a post function in a custom field. We do that for milestone statuses. You can use the copy from function from jira suite utilites. The trick is to copy the Updated field AFTER the function to perform the update. Otherwise you'll get the last time updated which may be days ago.

Trupti Gaikwad August 13, 2013

Can you please give example on this?

0 votes

Is there any free plugin available or is it possible by any script?

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 12, 2013

Hi Trupti

In the History of your issue you can see all the changes that are made and the timestamp at which they were made, does that help?

Best Regards,

Peter

I need in report for all issues.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

Huh? What time difference are you looking for?

Suggest an answer