How can I get the time since latest transition in JQL?

elisabethesbjornsson December 4, 2018

I want to know the time in a certain column since the latest transition was made, but can't find how.

The reason for this is that the issue might have had the same status before, but I want to know for how long the issue has been in a certain column the second time.

Using this JQL will show the wrong issues, since some of them might have been in Internal test before, but for the second time it's only been there for 1 minute and then it shouldn't be shown with this filter.

status changed to "Internal Test" before -2d AND status = "Internal Test"

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2018

Hello,

Maybe you could write a JQL query like this:

not (status changed after -2d) AND status = "Internal Test"
elisabethesbjornsson December 4, 2018

Works perfectly!

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2018

@elisabethesbjornsson Good to hear!

Heinrich Graupner April 21, 2020

@elisabethesbjornsson and @Alexey Matveev could I ask a question to this topic an I hope you are both still users. What are the different effective means to display this JQL query? 

Like Kelsey McDowell likes this
Kelsey McDowell May 11, 2022

@elisabethesbjornsson @Heinrich Graupner @Heinrich Graupner 

I'm also curious if and how you displayed this JQL query.

Heinrich Graupner May 11, 2022

@Kelsey McDowell 

I displayed the JQL query using Custom Charts for Jira. Works very well! 

elisabethesbjornsson May 12, 2022

@Heinrich Graupner @Kelsey McDowell 

I am using this as a quick filter on the board. When applying that quick filter I can see if there are issues that might be stuck for too long in the same column.

The full JQL for the quick filter I am using:

NOT (status changed during (endOfDay(-2), now()) OR status changed during (-4d, endOfWeek(-1w)) ) AND status not in (New, "To Do", "On Hold", "Test on PRD", Closed)

The "during (-4d, endOfWeek(-1w))" part takes into account the Thursday and Friday events when getting back to work and check the board on a Monday.

Kelsey McDowell May 12, 2022

@Heinrich Graupner  We also have custom Charts. Could you please share a screenshot of your configuration? We'd greatly appreciate it.

Suggest an answer