How can I get the sprints I create in Jira to show up in Portfolio (Cloud)

Amy.Ikenn May 4, 2017

When I create a sprint for a team in Jira it does not appear in Portfolio unless I also drag a story into the sprint from Jira.  When I hit Calculate stories are placed in the virtual sprints Sprint 2 etc) but I cannot move stories from the Portfolio sprints back to Jira unless I am working with the real Jira sprints... that didn't show up in Portfolio. 

Is there a better way to get the sprint to show up?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2017

Hi Amy,

Jira sprints, even empty, should show up in Portfolio. You may need to refresh and re-calculate your plan.

If that does not work, you can try to make sure the board showing the sprints is the same one that is used in your plan issue source.

Let us know how that goes.

Cheers,

The Portfolio Server team

Liz_Pat January 7, 2019

I have the same issue. 

Shaun Rampersad August 20, 2020

Same issue here. Created 2 empty sprints on the Jira project board but does not show up on portfolio. 

I can see current sprints but no new ones, so the source is referencing the correct board. 

ONly workaround is to drag an issue into the sprint within the project, then calculate on portfolio and the sprint will show up.

Suggest an answer