How can I get the sequence ID and update the issues' status in jira 3.12.3?

muiz lee April 3, 2012

Dear all,

I try jira's old version 3.12.3 and study to create a plugin to upload the issues to update/create issues.

Now I can change the issue's description and other fields except STATUS, I can use workflow to update the issue's status, but it cannot add changegroup/changeitem records, how can I do?

at the moment, I add changegroup/changeitem records manually, but how can I get the sequence ID? (now I use update the sequence table, but it's not good i think :( )

Thanks and best regards,

Muiz

1 answer

0 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2012
Hi Muiz, i'd recommend to use the api http://docs.atlassian.com/jira/3.12/com/atlassian/jira/issue/history/ChangeLogUtils.html to create change groups and change. items
muiz lee April 5, 2012

Hi, Dieter,

Thanks very much! Do you know can the Workflow auto add the changelog? Because if we use this API, we need to get the changroup ID manually, e.g.

User update the issue's description and status,

then we use below code to update the description:

CoreFactory.getActionDispatcher().execute(ActionNames.ISSUE_UPDATE, EasyMap.build("issue", issue.getGenericValue(), "issueObject", issue, "remoteUser", currentUser));

Then JIRA will add a changegroup and a changeitem records,

Then we use workflow to update the issue's status, and we also need to add a changeitem which belong to pre-changgroup, is it right?

muiz

Suggest an answer