How can I get the list of tests in a test case in Jira database (induced by the Xray add-on)?

Ioana Slubczakowsky July 16, 2020

I am trying to get the list of tests included in a test case through a query in the jira database. I though the connection is made through the jira.issuelink table, but it is not in here.  The concept of Test and Test Case are from the addition of the Xray add-on, and I can see the correlation in the interface, but find it hard to create a query that would bring the same results on the database side.

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2020

Hi @Ioana Slubczakowsky , are you using Jira server or cloud?

I may be a bit confuse because your questions is tagged with "cloud"  and "jira-cloud".

You seem to be referring to a hosted database, which does not make sense in the cloud product.

Also, can you please clarify what do you mean exactly with "the list of tests included in a test case", as a test case cannot include other test cases (at least for the time being).

Looking forward for your feedback :)

Regards,

Sergio

Ioana Slubczakowsky July 23, 2020

Hi Sergio, thank you for the answer.

Guess I tagged the wrong things, sorry, it's my first post and wanted to make it visible.

I am particularly interested in the list of tables in jira database where the Xray add-on keeps its info, and in this case I was interested in the connection that exists between a test case and a test. Xray introduced the following concepts as far as I understood:

- tests

-test plans 

-test cases, which I can all find in the database as issues and differentiate through issue type.

Since one test case can contain multiple tests (and I can see that in the jira web tool), I wanted to see how I can make that association. Meanwhile I related them through the story (all tests associated to a test case had in the summary the story name).

Thank you,

Ioana

Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2020

Hi again @Ioana Slubczakowsky ,

so if you need the database model, please reach out Xray support so the Xray team can help you out.

Note that DB model is not an API and is subject to changes, at any moment.

Regards.

Sergio

Like Ioana Slubczakowsky likes this

We are using Jira Server and ServiceDesk.

Like Sergio Freire - Xblend likes this

Thank you, Sergio!

Like Sergio Freire - Xblend likes this
0 votes
Fernando Mercado May 25, 2021

@Ioana Slubczakowsky  pudiste solucionarlo?

Suggest an answer