Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I get the list of tests in a test case in Jira database (induced by the Xray add-on)?

I am trying to get the list of tests included in a test case through a query in the jira database. I though the connection is made through the jira.issuelink table, but it is not in here.  The concept of Test and Test Case are from the addition of the Xray add-on, and I can see the correlation in the interface, but find it hard to create a query that would bring the same results on the database side.

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

Hi @Ioana Slubczakowsky , are you using Jira server or cloud?

I may be a bit confuse because your questions is tagged with "cloud"  and "jira-cloud".

You seem to be referring to a hosted database, which does not make sense in the cloud product.

Also, can you please clarify what do you mean exactly with "the list of tests included in a test case", as a test case cannot include other test cases (at least for the time being).

Looking forward for your feedback :)

Regards,

Sergio

Hi Sergio, thank you for the answer.

Guess I tagged the wrong things, sorry, it's my first post and wanted to make it visible.

I am particularly interested in the list of tables in jira database where the Xray add-on keeps its info, and in this case I was interested in the connection that exists between a test case and a test. Xray introduced the following concepts as far as I understood:

- tests

-test plans 

-test cases, which I can all find in the database as issues and differentiate through issue type.

Since one test case can contain multiple tests (and I can see that in the jira web tool), I wanted to see how I can make that association. Meanwhile I related them through the story (all tests associated to a test case had in the summary the story name).

Thank you,

Ioana

Hi again @Ioana Slubczakowsky ,

so if you need the database model, please reach out Xray support so the Xray team can help you out.

Note that DB model is not an API and is subject to changes, at any moment.

Regards.

Sergio

Like Ioana Slubczakowsky likes this

We are using Jira Server and ServiceDesk.

Like Sergio Freire likes this
Like Sergio Freire likes this
0 votes

@Ioana Slubczakowsky  pudiste solucionarlo?

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you