How can I get the Sprint's Start and End date in JQL in Jira cloud?

Sam September 10, 2018

Hi,

Please let me know any way to display sprint name, start day and end day. 

We want them to be displayed on a confluence page. 

Thank,

Sai.

2 answers

1 vote
Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2018

Hi Sai, 

There's not a way to retrieve this data using JQL in Jira.  There's an open feature request for it here: Ability to see Sprint start and end dates in search results in issue navigator

Please take a moment to vote for the issue, and if you're interested to know how we pick which features to implement, check out our New Features Policy

I understand this may be disappointing but there are some suggestions on how to get these details from the REST API - take a look at the StackOverflow posts Get the sprint list with start and end dates and How to get start and end dates of a sprint using jira api? for more info about the specific rest call.  You might be able to get some of the information you need from here. 

Cheers, 

Keri

Sam September 12, 2018

Hi Keri,

Thank you for your response. Can we also use this method you mentioned in JIRA cloud.

Thanks,

Sai.

Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2018

Hi Sai,

Here's the documentation for all of the Cloud REST APIs https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/rest/

Here's the specific one mentioned on StackOverflow: https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/software/rest/#api-rest-agile-1-0-sprint-sprintId-get

Cheers, 

Keri

0 votes
Sadeesh Narendran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2021

@Sam Did you figure out how to get the sprint end date in issue Navigator?

Suggest an answer