How can I get the JIRA issue number (key) as a reference in an SMS?

Casper Opperman November 19, 2014

I want to send an SMS message to a customer who phones in. The call will be logged by a call centre agent and an SMS will be send to a mobile number (which is defined by a custom field). it is important to send the JIRA ticket number that will be used by the client as a reference.

The best I could think of to do this is to use a custom field with concatenated text fields to make up SMS content because the polontech SMS add on can send a custom field as part of an SMS.

Therefore the Innovalog add on "Misc Custom Fields" (Version:1.5.10) was used to concatenate the SMS content (Calculated Text Field). See the instructions on https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMCF/JIRA+Misc+Custom+Fields#JIRAMiscCustomFields-calculatedtextfield

This almost works but I cannot get the JIRA ticket number into the custom field, I can concatenate all ticket data but for some reason I cannot get the JIRA ticket number in the custom field. When the key is added (see my formula below) in the string no value is returned.

My formula is as follow:

<!-- @@Formula: "Reference nr " + issue.get("key") -->

Any suggestions why my formula does not work?

Any other ways to send an SMS with a JIRA reference nr?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Casper Opperman November 25, 2014

I found a way (maybe not the most elegant, but it works):Customised workflow add on - I used the copy from field to field post condition to populate a custom field. I then used the custom field in the formula as described above.

Suggest an answer