How can I get a usable list of Repositories in Fish-eye?

Chris Solgat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

I have JIRA linked with Fish-eye.  One of our projects is used to create project links from JIRA to Fisheye and one of the fields that will be used is a list of available repositories.  Seeing as there are a couple hundred repositories, we would prefer not to manage this manually.  From the JIRA side, in one of the Administration screens, we can see the list of Fisheye repositories, so I want to know if there is a way to use that list to populate our field.

1 answer

0 votes
Felipe Kraemer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 25, 2015

Hi Chris,

The list of repositories can be retrieved by using this FishEye REST API:

http://fisheyehost:8060/rest-service-fecru/admin/repositories

In a local instance, this was the JSON result:

{
	"start":0,
	"limit":100,
	"lastPage":true,
	"size":2,
	"values":[
		{
			"type":"git",
			"name":"GitHub",
			"description":"",
			"storeDiff":true,
			"enabled":true,
			"git":{
				"location":"https://github.com/felipekraemer/test.git",
				"auth":{
					"authType":"password"
				},
				"renameDetection":"none"
			}
		},
		{
			"type":"svn",
			"name":"SVN",
			"description":"",
			"storeDiff":true,
			"enabled":true,
			"svn":{
				"url":"file:///Users/fkraemer/atlassian/repositories/SVN",
				"path":"",
				"usingBuiltinSymbolicRules":true
			}
		}
	]
}

You would need to develop a custom field plugin module in which you can call the REST API above and list only the repository names, and then add this custom field to the issue screen.

If this answer was helpful, please allow me to ask you to mark my answer as accepted in order to have it in the top of the thread, also helping other customers.

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Felipe Kraemer

Suggest an answer