How can I get a notification from JIRA OnDemand to HipChat whenever someone comments on an issue?

Chuck Norris June 2, 2013

The JIRA - HipChat integration supports notifications on issue transitions.

How can I get HipChat notifications on issue comments?

Zapier does not seem to provide this link either.

I can also consider alternatives to HipChat to solve this problem.

How can I get a notification from JIRA OnDemand to HipChat (or any reasonably-priced alternative) whenever someone comments on an issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chuck Norris June 10, 2013

No. There's no way to achieve this. Sorry.

1 vote
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2013
Chuck Norris June 3, 2013

Thanks @c-faysal, that would be perfect, *except* that I'm using JIRA OnDemand (I've updated the question to reflect this), and that plugin is not available within OnDemand.

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2013

The plugin is actually included with JIRA OnDemand. Look for the "HipChat Configuration" admin menu item under System -> Mail.

Good thinking @michael-knight-atlassian, except it's not. The official plugin, "HipChat for JIRA", is available within OnDemand, but it does not implement notifications for comments. @c-faysal linket to a different plugin, "Go2Group HipChat Plugin for JIRA", which extends the official one. However, that extended plugin is not available in OnDemand.

Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 3, 2013

My mistake Ben, sorry for misreading.

thanks anyway

Suggest an answer