How can I get Transition issue permission on my Jira version-6.2, I have this is available on the latest version,

srinivasa_pudi March 20, 2015

How can I get Transition issue permission on my Jira version-6.2, I have this is available on the latest version, but currently we are not planning to upgrade our JIRA immediately, Let us know is there any plugin that I can install go get this permission.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2015

I think this is a big change to the way permissions are handled internally and you'll need to upgrade to get it.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2015

Since this question was asked, I've had a quick look. My answer is correct, your choices are to rewrite a chunk of the core of JIRA or upgrade. Upgrading is a LOT easier and safer.

0 votes
Mayur Ingale June 10, 2015

Is there any option so we can add 'Transition Issues' permission without upgrade the JIRA version from v6.2 to v6.3...? 

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2015

I am afraid you will have to write your own plugin to add that REST method.

Suggest an answer