How can I fix the Activity Stream Widget?

Rob Crowther May 21, 2012

My Activity Stream Widget on my dashboard used to be filtered to only the projects I care about. Now it's showing activity in all projects. When I click to add a filter the only options I'm offered are:

• JIRA Issue Key
  • Update Date
  • Username

What's gone wrong and how can I fix it?

1 answer

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2012

Hi Rob, the Activity Stream Gadget shows activity from every project where you are part of.

Can you check if you are maybe in more projects that you thought?

Rob Crowther May 21, 2012

It didn't used to. There's a screenshot here of options which let you filter the gadget by project, I don't have those options.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2012

When you edit the Activity Stream there is a section 'Filter' that says 'Filters can be used to customise the activity in your stream. Add a filter.' Can you press on Add Filter? It should show others fields to complete.

Rob Crowther May 22, 2012

When I do that I am presented with the two options:

• Activity
  • Issue Type

However now it seems that the Project option has re-appeared in my Global Filter, so maybe something has been fixed.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2012

That's very weird indeed. Well, at least it's working now! Maybe was something to do with adding global filters.

Remember to mark the answer as correct in order to help other users.

Suggest an answer