How can I fix the Activity Stream Widget?

My Activity Stream Widget on my dashboard used to be filtered to only the projects I care about. Now it's showing activity in all projects. When I click to add a filter the only options I'm offered are:

• JIRA Issue Key
  • Update Date
  • Username

What's gone wrong and how can I fix it?

1 answer

Hi Rob, the Activity Stream Gadget shows activity from every project where you are part of.

Can you check if you are maybe in more projects that you thought?

It didn't used to. There's a screenshot here of options which let you filter the gadget by project, I don't have those options.

When you edit the Activity Stream there is a section 'Filter' that says 'Filters can be used to customise the activity in your stream. Add a filter.' Can you press on Add Filter? It should show others fields to complete.

When I do that I am presented with the two options:

• Activity
  • Issue Type

However now it seems that the Project option has re-appeared in my Global Filter, so maybe something has been fixed.

That's very weird indeed. Well, at least it's working now! Maybe was something to do with adding global filters.

Remember to mark the answer as correct in order to help other users.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,531 views 15 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you