How can I fix Date and Time custom fields ?

Camille Lecerf November 6, 2020

Hi,

My colleagues and I are unable to set a time on a date and time field. It is always at 12AM even if we try to change it.

How could I fix it please?

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Camille

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 6, 2020

This will happen to date-only fields, they're stored as "d/m/y midnight" in the database.

Could you check the exact type of your custom fields?  Do they say date or date-time (under the field names when you go to Admin -> Issues -> custom fields)

Camille Lecerf November 13, 2020

Hi Nic,

This is a Date Time Picker

2020-11-13 09_44_29-Custom fields - iXblue.png

Thanks for your help!

Camille

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2020

Hmm, that rules out the obvious candidate.

What are the symptoms of "cannot change it"?  Can you enter something but it does not stick and refreshing takes it back to 12AM?    Or can you not click to enter, or you can but it ignores keystrokes?  That sort of description is probably what we need.

Camille Lecerf November 13, 2020

I can enter something but it does not stick and refreshing takes it back to 12AM.

I finally found where it came from: the format of dates which were not set correctly. After setting this, it works:

In Look and Feel
2020-11-13 22_19_17-Edit Look and Feel Configuration - iXblue.png

And in General configuration > Advanced settings2020-11-13 22_22_25-Advanced Settings - iXblue.png

Suggest an answer