How can I find the issue from knowing the filename of one of its attachment?

Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2012

Hi, I found a JIRA-issue-attachment via google. How can I get the corresponding issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 11, 2012

It looks like there is no way to achieve this goal as long as you don't have access to the database or you don't know the admin of the plattform... :(

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2012

If you have the attachment url, you can find the attachment id in the URL and use it to query the database to find the other details.

There is no way to find the issue details if you don't have access to the server.

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 2, 2012

Hi Steve,

if you know the Jira-Server, the attachment is from, you could ask the Jira-Administrators to search through the Jira-Attachments-directory for your document on the server. If they find your attachment, they can see the issue-id in the name of the folder the attachment is located in.

Cheers

Thomas

Suggest an answer