How can I find the Server version? Jira version doesn't coincide with Server version

K otgc January 29, 2020

I would like to add some gadgets to my Jira Dashboard, however Atlassian's website asks for Cloud or Server. Server has a dropdown list of Server versions from 3.4 to 4.6.

I have searched here:

JIRA > Administration > System > General configuration (left column) > SYSTEM SUPPORT > System info > System info (on right) > Jira Info (scroll down a bit) > Version > 7.1.2

which shows the Jira version, but nothing about server version?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

That is the Server version. 

Jira has three flavours - Cloud, Server and Data Centre.  (A poor choice of names from Atlassian as they mean different things in the rest of the world of computing).  The version of Jira Server you have is 7.1.2

I don't know where you're looking to get that 3.4 to 4.6 list.

Your best option for adding gadgets is to not use the marketplace in the browser.  Use "find new apps/add-ons" in the admin menu in Jira.  The software tells marketplace what version it is, and marketplace responds with an app list that is good for that version, so you don't need to think about it.

K otgc February 13, 2020

Ok, will try when my server has internet.

1 vote
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2020

Suggest an answer