How can I find missing labels (which are not suggested)?

Erica Davis January 23, 2018

A team member of mine recently added a set of 4 labels to a couple dozen tickets. We want to use these labels going forward; however, when I type into the label field in an issue, they are not suggested in the drop-down. The are also not suggested in the label field in the issue search page.

However, in the issue search results, I can see the labels appear. If I click on the label, I get a jql url string that shows a search for that label, but even after doing that, it still won't show in the label drop-down.

We obviously want these labels to be suggested, to keep from having everyone re-typing them and risking typos.

Labels can't be managed centrally... so I have no idea how to track these down. Any ideas?

2 answers

1 vote
Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2018

It depends on the auto suggestion algorithm of Atlassian. But what about introducing a custom field (single or multi select list) with these four values?

Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2018

@Tiffany Owen, The autocomplete algorithm is looking for existing labels, but only in those issues, that are visible to the current user.

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2018

Makes sense. Thank you!

0 votes
Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2018

We have this same issue. We have tons of labels - let's say 50. And some users can see 20, some can see 5 or 6... Why can't everyone see ALL the labels?

Sebastian Kleinholz
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2018

See my response from Tuesday.

Suggest an answer