How can I find issues I moved?

Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2015

I have two projects with similar names. One of the projects wanted to update the issuetypes. I moved a couple hundred issues from one issue type to another in that project. How can I search for those issues to move them back.

I tried updatedDate but that did not work

Atlassian isn't going to do https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-1973 to search by updated by.

Please help...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2015

Try using "updated = "date of move" " instead updatedDate.

There is a small difference between creator and author. I do not remember exactly, but if somebody created an issue and another moved it then these fields will be different.

JQL does not allow to compare two user fields, since you can export it into excel and find there issues where these fields are diffrent. Then use "issuekey in ()" to get it all.

Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2015

Thanks..I should have mentioned I tried that as well. Doesn't look like moving an issue from one type to another constitutes an update.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 30, 2015

It is time for hardcore solution! Here is an SQL to get issues for which issue key was changed (it means, it were moved) Select project.pkey + '-' + cast(jiraissue.issuenum as varchar(20)) as issueKeyForJQL , jiraissue.issuenum , changeitem.* from jiraissue join project on jiraissue.PROJECT = project.ID join changegroup join changeitem on changegroup.ID = changeitem.groupid on jiraissue.ID = changegroup.issueid where project.pkey = 'PR197' --type your project key here and changeitem.FIELD = 'Key'

Suggest an answer