How can I filter the backlog with labels?

Mark_Stevens March 20, 2015

I have created 300+ issues.  I use over 30 labels to organize my issues.  How I can I quickly filter the backlog by label so that I can plan my sprints. 

I know that I can create "Quick Filters," but it is not viable for me to create 30 different quick filters.  What I really need is something similar to the Advanced search box at the top of the Issues page.

What is the best way to manage a large number of issues in the backlog?

3 answers

1 vote
Philippe Aubin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2015

The best way to manage your issues in the backlog in my opinion is with Multiple Epics.

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2015

This is not quite on subject but I've reported some issues with labels in JIra Agile here: https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/20/GHS-17260

Returning to your original question why is it not viable to create 30 different quick filters?

0 votes
Mark_Stevens March 20, 2015

Using Epics to organize the backlog is helpful.  But it doesn't allow me to filter by more than one topic at a time.

For instance:

With labels I can filter to only see issues that were reported by an executive and deal with shipping.

Suggest an answer