How can I filter out only Tasks with sub-tasks ?

Mikk Sillaste November 23, 2017

I want to create a kanban board, which displays only issuetype = Task with sub-tasks under the parent task if there are any for the parent Task.

4 answers

0 votes
rambabu patina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2017

The Script Runner plugin has some subTask functions for JQL, if the plugin already there in your jira, just you can create a filter like 

project = XX AND issuetype = Task and issueFunction in hasSubtasks()

Hope it solves your problem.

0 votes
Mikk Sillaste November 24, 2017

@Suhas P it is not working for me.

• I have created a Kanban Board
  • Added filter project = XX AND issuetype = Task ORDER BY Rank ASC
  • Base Swinlanes on Stories

But i can't see any sub-tasks, only parent issues, which type is Task.

Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2017

Hi I edited my answer above. You need to also include the sub task type in ten filter. Then swim lanes based on Stories will work.

Like Satish Agnal likes this
0 votes
Suhas P
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2017

Yoy can use simple query  "project = XXX" and use Swimlanes based on "Stories". Swimlane will show up issues such that oneparent issue per swimlane and all its sub-tasks under it.

If you want to take more specific filter for subtasks, you need to specify the sub-task type in the filter like say 

project = XXX AND issueType in (Task, subtask)

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 23, 2017

Hi Mikk

You've almost answered your own question, without realising it. You would create a filter with

issuetype = Task

and save it. Then use that filter as the filter for your Kanban board

Suggest an answer