How can I filter my GreenHopper Scrum Template Backlog by project component?

Michael Burns September 17, 2012

How can I filter my GreenHopper Scrum Template Backlog by project component?

The only filters I see are "my issues" and "recently updated".

Thanks for the help!

8 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2012

Hi Michael,

You can add additional quick filters to your GreenHopper Rapid Boards which will allow you to filter by project component.

To add quick filters

1. Go into the rapid board you'd like to configure

2. Click the "Tools" dropdown (located at the top right of the board). Select Configure.

3. On the Configure [Rapid Board] screen, select the "Quick Filters" tab (middle tab)

4. Name your Quick Filter and add JQL (component in ('[project component name here]').

5. Make sure to save your quick filter by clicking 'Add'.

Your quick filter should now show up on your rapid board.

Hope this helps!

Ian Wright April 1, 2013

IMO, this has not been adiquately answered. I too would like to know how to search and organize the backlog in the absence of a component filter.

1 vote
Asafarian April 2, 2013

This is a realy good question.

It would be very helpful to have a filter with dynamic / selectable Parameters.

Is there currently any way to create such a filter for a scrum board ?

Alex
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2013
Alex
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2013

Here is an open feature request for more manageable filters in GreenHopper: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-8095. If you like it, vote it up!

1 vote
Ian Wright April 1, 2013

IMO, this has not been adiquately answered. I too would like to know how to search and organize the backlog in the absence of a component filter.

1 vote
J
Atlassian Team
September 17, 2012

Hi Michael, if you go to Tools/Configure you'll see the configuration screens for the board. On the Quick Filters tab you can create quick filters based on JQL statements. For this one you would name the filter, then use a simple JQL statement like filter = blah.

The rest of the quick filter doco is here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Quick+Filters

hope this helps!

Michael Burns September 17, 2012

Thanks Jay!

I should have been more specific, how can you make a filter with a selectable parameter? Our backlog is divded into many components and so I want to be able to quickly filter to just a sub-set of the items in the backlog based on the different components. Doing it that way I'd have to define a static filter for each of maybe 10-15 components. Is there a way to make it dynamic, ideally with the filter accepting the value of a drop down box, etc?

0 votes
Prem Chudzinski _extensi_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 13, 2017
0 votes
Brandon Deriso October 22, 2015

I must agree with @Ian Wright; adding Quick Filters for the Work board does not help at all with backlog grooming on the planning board.

0 votes
Alex
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2013

Hi Hope,

I've added a feature request for Michael's idea to do a component panel similar to the epic panel which can be tracked here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-8316

If you like the feature, please vote for it.

Thanks,

Alex

0 votes
Hope Foster-Reyes December 10, 2012

I have the same problem. I want to be able to *select* a component to filter by, not create a new Quick Filter for each of my dozen plus components. Michael's idea to do a component panel similar to the Epic panel is a good one.

As it stands, I have to somehow scan my stories to sort out which ones go with which components. Not ideal for us. Thanks!

Suggest an answer