How can I filter for Issues with attachments?

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012

I am moving JIRA from onDemand to onpremisis. I want to check to see if attachments came over correctly.

But there aren't that many attachments.

Anyone know a way to filter Issues to show only those that have attachments?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2012

Well, if you used the XML backup and moved the attachment folders, there is not easy way to test it other than checking a few issues manually.

There are few plugins which will help you find issues that has attachments but they rely on the saved data in Database and not exactly on the physical presence of those attachments.

The data will already be there since the XM backup has that. Finding whether the attachment is present in the right location or not requires someone to go and have a look, manually.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012

Yes, I realize that I have to manually check some attachments. What I am looking for is a quick way to find out which Issues to look at. Opening the Issues one-at-time to see if, maybe, it has an attachment.

But your mention of the backup data gives me an idea. It has the attachments in a tree and the Issue key is part of the tree. So I think I'll try that.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2012

Yes, or look at the DB. Details will be in the FileAttachment table.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 12, 2012

Lke Jobin said, check the DB, dump the first column of the fileattachment table, and check whether you can locate a file with the same name (ID) in data/attachments/<project key>/<issue key> directory. A simple script should be able to verify this.

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2012

Actually, the answer was staring me in the face. I just looked through the attachments folder on the server and used the Issue keys there to check.

Suggest an answer